Sunday, January 6, 2013

Yarn Barf


The plan was to get a lot of knitting done while on vacation, but my yarn had other ideas.  I wish I had taken a picture to share with you.  Yarn barf happens and when it does I am loath to get out the scissors. I am stubborn and will sit and untangle that ball until its all rewound and ready to go.  This one did me in. The scarf is frogged and the yarn had to be cut, and I only cut it because there was a break in the skein, a knot from the dyer. So I cut it there and tried to untangle some more, but I surrendered. I have what seems to be enough rewound for the socks, so we're going with socks right now.  Besides, I'm mad at the scarf. 

Since I am on vacation I am not writing as much as I would like to.  The plan is for Friday's to be Free Motion Fridays and to link up with Leah Day at the Free Motion Quilting Project.  But there's no quilting happening for the next week or so since I didn't bring my machine with me. I did order my panel from Spoonflower for Leah's new project Express Your Love. I'm also practicing with her Craftsy class which I love! Stay tuned for more FMQ in the coming year. 

Stitchy Saturdays are going to highlight my endeavors in cross stitch which I'm trying to get back into.  I have a lovely Japanese angel that has been in progress for a few years now. I don't have a picture to share with you right now but I will share when I get home.  I also have a pattern for a project for Tony for his birthday, but I think that might be a little ambitious and it might turn into an anniversary or Christmas gift.  Watch for the monthly installment from Frosted Pumpkin's Woodland Sampler. The first design is really cute!

On Sunday I am going to do a weekly wrap up with my Project Life pages for the week.  I'm going to use a fairly simple approach but I plan to use digital and paper elements and some embellishments.  I haven't tried to use Photoshop at all yet and my class at Jessica Sprague doesn't start until tomorrow so we'll see if I get adventurous this afternoon and try to put a page together.

I have to get a 5 mile run in this afternoon and get to work on my costume for the marathon. So if I get that all done I'll get to knit and play with photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment