Sunday, January 27, 2013

Camper Progress Report 1

I'm really enjoying the projects for Handstitched Camp with Rachel from Stitched in Color.  I've admired her work for awhile now and am very excited to be learning from her.

Our projects this week focused on reverse applique.  I chose to make a flocked t-shirt and the dogwood blossom which will become the center focus for my modern medallion quilt. 

Rachel did a flocked tank top as her sample for this lesson. With temperatures barely above zero this week, I couldn't think about doing a tank top! I chose to use a long sleeve V-neck tee instead.  I used some Vintage Modern Snickerdoodle in Candy Apple, that I had leftover.

 I couldn't get my transfer paper to transfer, so I adapted and did a kind of free-handed the design with a water soluble pen.  I only managed to get the front done but I'm happy with the fabric choice. I'm thinking about ordering more Snickerdoodle and making PJ bottoms to match. We'll see exactly how ambitious I get.



For my Modern Medallion Quilt I am using this bundle as the basis for fabric selections.
 
This is Kaye Prince of Miss Print  Blogger's Choice bundle for the Fat Quarter Shop.  I know there are some Rock n Romance prints, some simply color and Pure Elements Solids, but that's all I remember off the top of my head! Check out her blog for more detail. 


 I'm fairly happy with my stitching. I think I was pretty consistent but of course there are spots where inconsistency happened. I need to get my borders on, and that is tomorrow mornings project before the embroidery lesson. Hopefully a little someone will sleep in and let me get it done.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Beautiful fabric choices for your medallion. I'm a purple fan, but those are really lovely. And your stitching is fabulous (a thousand times better than mine! Lol)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comments above - I love your fabric selection!! And your stitches are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I can't take all the credit.

    ReplyDelete