Monday, January 21, 2013

Squishy Mail

The best kind of mail is squishy mail.  What's squishy mail you ask? Why it's yarn or fabric all wrapped up and delivered to your door!  I had quite a nice pile of squishy mail waiting for me when I got home from vacation.  My favorites being my Knitspot Fall in Full Color installment and last year's installments that I ordered. Spoiler Alert! If you are a member of the Fall in Full Color Club and haven't gotten your January shipment yet, and want to be surprised do not look at the picture!

From left we have Briar Rose Fiber 4th of July in October Zest, then String Theory Yarns Merino DK in Corylus, and lastly we have Miss Babs Alpacacita in Winter Rose.  All colorways were/are club exclusives.  October Zest and Corylus were released to the public 1 year after they were club yarns.  I ordered last January's yarn the other day. It is New Hue Handspun Bam Huey in Crystal.  That leaves 3 yarns that I am still looking for from last year's club. 
I am patiently waiting for my new Signature Needle Arts needles to arrive so I can start January's patter Sugarfrost. In the meantime, I'm plugging away on my Sparrow Dance Socks.
Sooner or later I'll get a project page set up for it on Ravelry. 

I also got my title page and the first page of my Week 1 Project life layout finished.  I'm really happy with it. And this is just another rabbit hole! There are all kinds of embellishment, cards, techniques and oh so much more! I'm trying to keep it simple and be about the photos, but sometimes you just need that little extra something. 


 
I really enjoyed the Digital Project Life Class I took from Jessica Sprague.  I've signed up for a few more! So stay tuned for new techniques and cool things on the blog. 
Supplies used:
Seafoam Kit from AC Digitals
January Card Kit from Splendid Fiins
Traditions Elements 1 &2 from Carta Bella
 
That's all the little one is going to let me get done tonight. I still have to tell you about Disney World and the Half Marathon. Stay tuned.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I am drooling over that Miss Babs yarn. The color is amazing.

    ReplyDelete