Thursday, January 3, 2013

Off and On the Needles


I've kind of been in a knitting rut lately. The mojo just hasn't been sparking.  But I think it's back!
When I signed up for the first round of the BareNaked Knitspot Club my goal and promise to myself was to knit each project as it arrived and to finish each month (at least one of the projects) before starting the next month's. And I pretty much kept to that goal.  Check out my Ravelry projects page to see some of the finished projects. So my definition of "finished" might differ slightly from yours when it comes to knitting. Are socks finished when the pair is done? Is a shawl done when it's blocked or when it's knitting is finished? Some projects got more 'finished' than others.  April's yarn was a specially spun alpaca sock yarn and  it is yummy! The pattern is a lovely classic cable unisex sock, Waffle Creams.  Well, I finished 1 sock. And promptly got side-tracked and suffered a case of Second Sock Syndrome.  I am usually immune to SSS but it struck with a vengeance this time. I don't know what made me pick up the second sock last week, it might have something to do with finishing all of last year's projects before BNK2013 starts,  but I did and 2013's FOCUS came into play and I concentrated on that sock and finished it today!

Oddly enough, I finished it in Florida where it's a little warm for alpaca socks, even if I just have one with me. 
 
And since the Little Miss was napping I promptly cast on my next project. I am woefully behind on my Fall In Full Color Club projects. I have zero finished. Zero, Zip, Zilch.  August's lovely shawl is 5 rows from being completely knit, and none of the others have been touched.  I didn't want to start the next month without finishing the previous month's.  I didn't bring the August shawl with me. It needs to much brain power for vacation knitting.  So I brought September and October's yarn and patterns with me instead.  I cast on September's Sparrow Song Scarf

 
I'm about 20 rows in and it's a easily memorized pattern.  Hopefully the 21 repeats won't take forever.  I usually stay away from scarfs as I get bored easily with them. Hopefully FOCUS will carry me through to the end.  Besides its good vacation knitting. 
 
I'm still formulating how this blog will run. I'm going to try to post everyday. I have ideas for a different theme for each day, but it's all subject to change.  You can also find me on Pinterest and Tumblr
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment