Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014, You're here already?

Happy New Year!
I can't believe it's here already, but it is.  I'm not sure how ready I am for 2014, there are some big things in store for this year, the biggest of all being the little one set to arrive in a little more than a month.  As if I haven't struggled to keep up with this blog before that, now I'm going to have 2 little ones to keep me busy.  But everybody needs an outlet, I'm really hoping and going to try to make this my place for sharing.  I have some ideas to help with that consistency including  club spoilers (yarn clubs being one of my favorite things).  I have signed up for 2 new clubs this year in addition to my favorites, including Cookie A Sock Club, Barenaked Knitspot, which has turn into a year long club instead of 6 months, and Romi's Pins and Lace.  The 2 new ones are WPKnits Mystery Club and Miss Babs Knitting Tour.  Miss Babs is one of my favorite yarnies and I have wanted to get in this club for a couple years, but I kept missing the sign up window, finally the stars aligned this year and I am in and am very excited. 
Other topics you can expect to see are progress reports on mystery knits, work on One Little Word with Ali Edwards, and trying my hand at project life.  Last year I started out the year with a word and made it exactly one month with it.  Let's see f we can't keep that word with us for more of the year. I will share my word in a future post.  I discovered Project Life memory keeping last year and loved the idea of it. I then had months of internal struggle where I couldn't decide if I was doing a paper version or a digital version, so I didn't do either. This year I am going with the paper version.  I'll talk more about it when I get my first layout finished which should be Sunday or Monday.
Back when I had my yarn store, I came up with this knit along idea: Knitsey Knitsums Top 40 Knitdown.  Basically it is a look at the 40 most popular patterns on Ravelry and knitting and discussing them, asking questions like what makes this pattern popular and would it be in our personal top 40 among other things.. I'd like to make this a weekly topic with a link up for those who want to join in knitting the projects or you knit them in the past. (There are one or two I might not reknit). 
I have set a goal to knit 14 shawls and 14 pairs of socks in 2014.  Since these are basically the only thing I knit consistently I shouldn't have any problem achieving this goal.  I just have to decide on some guidelines for myself. 
So stay tuned for some knitting adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment