Sunday, February 17, 2013

Catch Up

Ugh, sorry didn't mean to be absent for so long.

I have gotten my butt in gear somewhat and started a new exercise program and I am pretty stoked about it.  First off I have a confession to make: I am addicted to buying workout DVD systems. I am a devotee of the Firm and Beachbody.  I think I can safely say I have 90% of all the Firm videos and I have most of the big Beachbody programs, namely P90X (which I bought under cover as a gift for my husband, truthfully he does use it most everyday) P90X2, Chalene Extreme and my newest acquisition TurboFire.  I am on my third day which happens to be a rest day and so far I am loving it. Can I do all the moves? Not quite, but I keep moving. They are pretty intense... so intense that I decided to follow their prep schedule instead of jumping right into the normal rotation calendar.  It's not all HIIT cardio, there is also yoga, strength training and core work.  My goal for February is to follow my calendar and not skip a day.  Along that line, I actually didn't rest today.... I did my run workout from the Galloway 10K trainer and it was not my best run... I had the Princess in the jogger and it just throws my rhythm off and I couldn't get into it.  It was lovely out, but oy not a good run.  I plan to do a 10 min yoga video later this afternoon. 

In crafty news, I have been on a knitting tear. Finishing projects left and right.  I've finished 2 hats, a pair of mitts, a sock, and a shawl that had only 8 rows left since September in the last 2 weeks.  I am halfway through another pair of mitts and have new socks cast on. I'm also working on a pattern for a toe up sock class I am teaching in April.  In addition, I have club packages arriving: I got my winter Pins and Lace, my first Cookie A of 2013 in one of my favorite yarns, my ami kit, and a new club for me Laura Nelkin's new knitted jewelry club from Patternworks.  I am eagerly awaiting the first installment of the Barenaked Knitspot Club for 2013, I already saw the spoiler on Ravelry and it is ah-ma-zing.  I cannot wait. I just hope my yarn comes before Sunday when the pattern is released.


Knitting has pretty much taken over my time. I haven't worked on any quilts or stitching or project life. I know I need to catch up on these projects as well but really I just want to knit right now. I might even have to go cast on another project I have been meaning to cast on since last March.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for finishing WIPs! Can't wait to see that shawl all blocked and pretty.

    ReplyDelete